This privacy notice is issued by ETrawler Unlimited Company, trading as CarTrawler, and is the full owner of www.cartrawler.com (“we”, “us” or “our”).
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect information about your visit to and use of our site, www.cartrawler.com, including sales data, traffic data and related site information. This information helps us evaluate and improve our site and may also be used for investment analysis purposes. We may share this information with reputable third parties, but only in an aggregate statistical form that includes no personally-identifying information.
Throughout this website, you may have an opportunity to send us information relating to you, such as through the area where you may manage your booking, send emails, engage in chat, submit your CV, request newsletters or provide feedback. By choosing to participate in these, you will be providing us with some level of personal information relating to you, including but not limited to contact details, previous employment, salary expectations and your entitlement to work in Ireland, if applying for a role. We may also process personal data that is provided to us on your behalf by recruiters, the information you provide to us in interviews or through job boards, and information that is provided by your referees. We may also use publicly available information to notify you of employment opportunities we think you would be suitable for.
Failure to provide us with the required information will result in us not being able to perform the processing activity.
Purposes of Processing and Legal Basis
This information will only be used by CarTrawler for the purposes for which it was provided by you, which may include allowing you to participate in interactive features of our services and notifying you about changes to our service.
For the management of bookings, we process your data on the basis that it is necessary for a contract you have entered into.
In some circumstances we rely on consent for processing your data, this will include signing up to our newsletter, when applying directly for a role advertised in CarTrawler and when a third party is applying on your behalf. Where we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent by contacting us using the contact details at the bottom of this statement. If your consent relates to receiving our newsletter, you can use the unsubscribe link in the email to opt-out of this consent. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to continue to provide the related service to you.
In some cases, we need to process data to ensure that we are complying with our legal obligations. For example, it is mandatory to check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work in Ireland before employment starts.
We rely on legitimate interest for reaching out to potential candidates for relevant roles, taking interview notes, and checking references. Where we use this as a legal ground for processing, we consider that our processing is in line with candidate expectations and that there is a balance between our interests and those of candidates. Candidates may object to any processing undertaken on the grounds of a legitimate interest at any time.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We retain your personal data in accordance with our record retention policy. The record retention policy operates on the principle that we keep personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which we collected it, and in accordance with any requirements that are imposed on us by law. This means that the retention period for your personal data will vary depending on the type of personal data. For example:
- Email Marketing – We will keep a copy of personal data that is required in order to send you marketing messages for as long as necessary to facilitate your marketing preferences. As part of this, we will also retain certain information in relation to your transactions in order to allow us to customize our marketing messages.
- Candidate Data – We will retain your data on file for a period of 12 months in the event you are unsuccessful, so we can contact you should future suitable positions become available. We also retain your personal information for that period so we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way.
Use Of “Cookies”
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances, in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access the data – You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data
- Right to rectification – You have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- Right to erasure – You have the right to request us to delete the personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- Right to restriction of processing or to object to processing – You have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us using the contact details at the bottom of this statement. In limited circumstances, there are some restrictions to fulfilling data subject rights requests. This includes but is not limited to the prevention or detection of crime or breaches of ethics for regulated professions, important objectives of public interest matters, protection of judicial proceedings, protection of the data subject or rights and freedoms of others and enforcement of civil law claims.
We keep our privacy statement under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page.
Questions and Complaints
If you have any queries or complaints in connection with our processing of your personal data, you can get in touch with us using the following contact details:
By post: Data Protection Officer, CarTrawler, Classon House, Dundrum Business Park, Dundrum, Dublin 14, Ireland
By email: email@example.com
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Irish Data Protection Commission if you are unhappy with any processing of your personal data by CarTrawler. Details of how to lodge a complaint can be found at (https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Raise-a-Concern/1716.htm) or you can call the Data Protection Commission at 353 (0)761 104 800.